Look what Elaine gave me!
It's an award, with a catch.
1). List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
2). Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Did Elaine award me with this award because of my open and honest look into The Testosterone Zone?
Did she pick me because when she reads about this, she can almost smell it?
Is it because we send out Christmas cards like this?
Did she pick me because The Testosterone Zone is a glimpse into her life with older boys? She's scared and sickened, but can't look away. Like a bad car wreck, you have to slow down and take a look and hope that never happens to you.
Whatever her reasoning, I am honored. Here we go.
1. I HATE being barefoot on a hotel bathroom floor. It creeps me out. The first thing I do is put down that little bathmat and move it with me all over the bathroom to make sure my feet never touch the tile.
2. Each time I was pregnant with the boys, I thought he would be a she. We had ultrasounds and found out the sex. With Hayden (the last) I saw the proof before the ultrasound tech. When we got back in the car, "This one's for the girls" was playing on the radio and I cried all the way home.
3. Ok, I'll be honest. I cried for several days.
4. I am now happy we have just boys. I do not like the "oh poor Laura, she has boys" comments. My boys are GREAT! They are responsible, honest, caring, active, funny and self confident. What more could we ask for?
5. Ben and I met on a cruise, during a day excurison on a party boat. I was drinking. My cousin threatened to kill him if he took advantage of me. When we made plans to get together later, he said, "Go rest and sober up, let me know if you are still interested later." We were married 51 weeks later. And no, he didn't take advantage of me.
6. As a teeneager, when my mom once said she was glad we were friends, I said you are not my friend, you are my mom. I felt HORRIBLE about it for years, because we were friends. I am sorry I waited until the end to apologize to her for saying it. I have always regretted saying it. What a snotty daughter.
7. My husband brings me coffee in bed EVERY MORNING, even on his birthday. This is when I check email, blogs, schedules. I really can not get out of bed without the coffee and he knows it. On the rare morning that I am awake before him, I bring him coffee.
8. I need to lose 25 pounds. I tell myself I only need to lose 10. I love ice cream. I love dessert. I love having a few drinks. I am not making much progress.
9. I hate feet. Do not touch me with those nasty things. They are smelly and sweaty and I hate them. Two weeks ago I told Hayden he still had cute baby feet and I liked his feet. Since then he has developed sweaty, yucky feet. I am going to have to tell him the truth. This is all about being honest, right?
10. I really don't like to talk on the phone. I prefer email. I refuse to replace the battery in our cordless phone because I know it only allows for about 30 minutes of talk time and if it starts beeping, I have an excuse to hang up. Now, I do occasionally like talking to people on the phone, like YOU but not everyday or for more than a few minutes. So you can still call, and I'd love to talk to you but now you know the secret of the beeping phone.
I think lots of bloggers are honest in their blogging. It is hard to just pick 7. If I missed you and you want to participate to, please do!
7. Mommy Pie