Sunday, July 13, 2008

100 reasons why I love the Testosterone Zone.

In honor of my 100th post I put together reasons I am so happy to be the only female in the Testosterone Zone.

  1. Boys love their mom, always.
  2. Boys bring their mom flowers, pretty dandelions growing in the yard.
  3. Boys play hard and sleep hard.
  4. I am the prettiest person in our house.
  5. I smell better than everyone else in the house.
  6. I have the most extensive wardrobe than anyone else in the house.
  7. I get the most closet space.
  8. My closet overflow can go into the boys' closets.
  9. No one will borrow my clothes.
  10. No one will borrow my shoes.
  11. No one will borrow my jewelry.
  12. No one will use my feminine hygiene products.
  13. No one will use my Bath and Body Works shower gel.
  14. Soon they will grow out of wanting my makeup, I hope!
  15. My hairdryer and hairbrush are always right where I left them.
  16. They protect me from spiders.
  17. They protect me from ants.
  18. They hold my hand in the store, so I won't get lost.
  19. They think I am beautiful (and not only when they want something).
  20. I am expected to take the longest to get ready, and it is fine with them.
  21. Sports Night for the boys, Bubble Bath Night for the girls.
  22. Girl's Night Out
  23. If we find an earring, everyone knows who lost it.
  24. I can easily pick out my socks from a basket of whites.
  25. I can easily pick out my underwear from a basket of delicates.
  26. I will never have to take anyone for a bra fitting.
  27. I never have to take out the garbage.
  28. I never have to mow the lawn.
  29. I don't have to learn to use barbecue grill.
  30. Back to school shopping takes 30 minutes.
  31. Boys are easy to shop for: Levis, t shirt, tennis shoes.
  32. Boys need 2 pairs of shoes: tennis shoes and crocs.
  33. I get to have many more pairs of shoes.
  34. Boys wear white athletic style socks, no frilly ribbons, no colors, just varying stages of white.
  35. Boys are easy to feed: they eat everything, everything in sight!
  36. Boy haircuts come in three stages: a #2 all over, growing out the #2, and the winter coat.
  37. Boy haircuts are cheaper than girls.
  38. Boys need a comb and water to fix their hair.
  39. No barrettes.
  40. No ponytail holders.
  41. No hair ribbons.
  42. No collection of different shaped hairbrushes.
  43. No curling irons.
  44. No flat irons.
  45. No braiding.
  46. No bad hair days.
  47. A boy bathroom: shampoo and conditioner all in one and hopefully a bar of soap.
  48. I get the most counter space in the bathroom.
  49. I get the most shelf space in the shower.
  50. No Barbies.
  51. No Barbie shoes.
  52. No Barbie house.
  53. No Barbie = no crazy body image issues with daughters.
  54. I have no idea what "An American Girl" doll is or why anyone needs one.
  55. Why is there a Littlest Pet Shop craze? Isn't it just a little pet shop?
  56. I know the most direct route to the skateboard park.
  57. I know the most direct route to the bike park.
  58. I know the most direct route to the Emergency Room.
  59. I know how to check if a nose is broken.
  60. I can read x-rays.
  61. I can wrap a sprain.
  62. I know the principal very well.
  63. I know the vice principal very well.
  64. I know the preschool director very well.
  65. The teachers, oh yes, I know them well also.
  66. I look better in pink than anyone else in the house.
  67. There is always a sporting event to go watch.
  68. I can escape to the spa by myself.
  69. I get to go shopping by myself.
  70. Someday I will get to buy 3 mother of the groom dresses.
  71. Someday I will get to dance with each of my sons at their weddings.
  72. We are blessed to have the challenge of raising good men.
  73. We teach them to respect women.
  74. We teach them that women are strong in mind and body.
  75. We teach them that women are more than objects to admire.
  76. We teach them that women are equal partners.
  77. We teach them that women are delicate flowers to cherish and appreciate.
  78. We teach them to never, ever hurt a woman.
  79. I get to have "daughters" later, when shopping with them will be more fun.
  80. Boys open doors for me.
  81. Boys snuggle and cuddle, no matter how old they are.
  82. When trying to find their swimsuit you only have to find one piece.
  83. It takes 30 seconds for them to get dressed.
  84. It takes 3 minutes for them to eat breakfast.
  85. They can be up and out the door in under 5 minutes.
  86. They know how to catch a fish.
  87. They know how to clean a fish.
  88. They know how to cook a fish over an open fire.
  89. No screeching in the house.
  90. No high pitched screaming screams of joy.
  91. If someone screams you know the situation is serious.
  92. I have an excuse for the bathroom being dirty.
  93. When traveling by car and their bladders reach capacity just pull over and let them go.
  94. When out as a family, Daddy takes everyone to the bathroom.
  95. No worries about having an accident because the bathroom line is too long.
  96. No one in the house with competing estrogen levels.
  97. Boys don't gossip.
  98. No girl drama.
  99. Brothers stick together (our family motto)
  100. I am QUEEN!

29 comments:

Jodi said...

I love this post! I can sooo relate! We are pretty lucky to have all boys and be the only female! The only thing I really do NOT like is shopping trips without a daughter! But as you say...it will be more fun with DIL when they are older anyway! Can't wait!

Jennifer said...

So many awesome reasons to love boys, for sure! I love mine!
Where have you been, MIA?

Homegrown Tribe said...

that was great! Boys do rock!

brittany

4funboys said...

ohh yeah... I liked this post a lot. I tried to figure out my favorite... it was too tough.

McMommy said...

STANDING OVATION!!!!

Loved, loved, LOVED your post!!! You are BRILLIANT!!

McMommy said...

Oh, and I meant to add...

Happy 100th POST!

A Mama's Blog (Heather) said...

What a great post! As the mother of two boys, I reall appreciated this. I'm going to send it to all my friends who have all boys too.

Unknown said...

100 Posts - that is awesome - what a WONDERFUL list to commemorate your milestone!

Makes me glad I have boys too! Gonna go read it again... ; )

Heather said...

Great list! Thanks for reminding me why it's so great to be a woman in a house of boys - especially after a 16 hour car ride with my fill of bodily functions and gross talk.

A Crafty Mom said...

Awwww, I LOVE number 71 :-) That is so sweet. Actually, I love all of them and can relate a little bit . . . the girl around here is still too young to be much of a female presence in our house yet!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Somehow with 3 boys we still have the high pitched screaming around here! (Although I'm told it's mild compared to a girl!)
I totally agree with and LOVE the potty ones! They came in REALLY handy on our recent trip to Six Flags! (Yes I am the mom who had her son go in the parking lot next to the van because I didn't want to walk 400 miles back to the bathroom!- OH I could do this because I HAVE BOYS!! YEAH!!!)
Happy 100th!

TheAustinEmpire said...

Congrats on your 100th post!

I love your list. (it almost makes me wish I didn't have a girl...almost) One of each was perfect... did you see my eyes roll with that comment? I know a lot of people who have tried too many times for a girl, with no luck, so maybe I should print out your list for them (of course they're all non-bloggers).
I bet it gives new meaning to Girl's Night Out, huh?

Carol said...

Loved it!

Amen to all of it!

Hooray for no Barbie's. I'm thrilled to forsake that whole stage and Princesses.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Tammy said...

Great list! I agree with them all! Love #100. I'm Queen too.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!! Happy 10tth Post and Happy POW!!!

Miss Lisa said...

Happy 100th post--great points :)
I envy 97--we are already dealing with gossip from my 10 yr old and her friends--I caught them speaking poorly of other girls the other day :(
Happy POW!

McMommy said...

This is a list close to my heart. I love you for putting it together!!!

Happy POW!

Allison R said...

congrats on 100 posts!!! how exciting for you.

I love this list...while I can't relate because I have a daughter, I can definitely relate a little because I have brothers.

Happy POW!!!

Anonymous said...

While I have a boy and a girl, I will say that the hair issues alone (tangles, hair bow mess, etc..) are enough to warrant me wanting another boy. I love my daughter to pieces but I'm about over her long hair.

Congrats on 100 posts!!!

Unknown said...

Happy 100th! I love your list, too. I hope to have a little boy someday!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i LOVED this post :) i read through each and every one, i am impressed that you were able to come up with so many!

my favorite one was #4, so cute :)

Anti-Supermom said...

Man, this list is great, but I still want my girl. Do your boys really open the dorr for you? I better start teaching mine soon.

Great list and SO funny!

Briya said...

I loved it. I've got ONE girl (the baby)...I wish for all boys everytime I have to do her hair, or when she PMS's...But I can't put her back where she came from, I suppose I'll deal. :)

Happy POW

Tyne said...

That was wonderful! Happy 100th post. I am sure that your sons will grow to be great men of integrity (loved #72) Happy POW!

Laural Out Loud said...

Happy 100th post! I don't know how I missed this before now!

You've totally calmed my nerves. My husband tells horror stories about the things he and his brother thought up to do when they were growing up, so I was so glad when we found out our first was a girl. If our second is a boy, though, I'm up for it!

Simply Shannon said...

Awwwww, I want a boy.

Happy 100th post! I loved it.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE this post - I, too, am mom to boys and love it more than I ever imagined. Thanks for celebrating it!

L said...

Im just getting around to reading the POW's. I LOVE your post. As a mom of 2 boys, I have to admit, I love being the only girl in the house. wouldnt change it for the world.
Boys, whatcha see is whatcha get. Love it.