Sunday, January 25, 2009

3/4 of a what?

What would happen if instead of 3/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda



You added 3/4 of a cup?



You would get cookie dough that doesn't look right,




Cookies that do not flatten when they cook,



And a NASTY taste in your mouth when you try one.



Griffin learned there is a very BIG difference between 3/4 of a teaspoon and 3/4 of a cup. I learned that even if he says he can do it by himself, I should find something to do in the kitchen to keep an eye on things.



I am sure it was an honest mistake and not an attempt to poison his older brother, although the older brother disagrees.

6 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I remember my 1st time baking alone... baking powder instead of baking soda ;(

Susi said...

that's SO funny. And SO cool that you let him do it by himself - what a way to learn! (I'm not ready for that yet - I better start practicing my non-helicopter-techniques, eh??)

Unknown said...

Ooops! The cookies still LOOKED good... ; )

Kristen said...

I haven't made that mistake and by the look on his face I hope that I don't. When I was first married I found a really good recipe that called for two cloves of garlic. Having never cooked with garlic I thought that the entire button was a clove and used two of those! We were newlyweds so my hubby choked it down as best as he could (something he would not do now).

Anonymous said...

Yeah I guess looks can be deceiving. *lol*

Tell Griffin not to feel bad...I've done the SAME EXACT THING, and I'm like, eons older than he is. Maybe you should come and find something to do in my kitchen too, the next time I make cookies. *lol*

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a good lesson to learn! We have all made those silly little mistakes that make a huge difference in the outcome! Cool that Griffin is baking on his own!