Thursday, January 22, 2009

We broke the girl

I had an interesting call yesterday. The names have been changed to save the innocent.

Caller: Hi, this is Jane's Grandmother. Jane and Susie were invited by Carter to come over.

Me: Ummm. Ok, but it can't be tonight, we have a commitment at church. (not into phone) HEY CARTER.

Me: Carter, did you invite Jane and Susie over?

Carter: (smirking) yeah.

He says it was more of a "you two should come over sometime" kind of invitation, not a "come over tonight" type of invite.

Me: Well, Jane's Grandma, they can come over tomorrow.

We agree to chat again on Thursday.

Today the girls did decide to come over.

I had already had the "the door stays open" talk about playing Lego's in his room.

I wasn't really sure what to expect.

I did not expect that we would break one of them.

They were in, they went out, they played upstairs, they played downstairs...and then they decided to try the green machines.



We have two, the boys got them from Grandpa for Christmas 2006. They are pros. I can even ride them and spin out like no body's business.

Little Jane can not.

She took a tumble and has a scraped up knee. A badly scraped up knee.

I am awaiting the Grandmother's return to pick up the girls.

How am I going to explain this?

We only had them for an hour and we broke one.

Luckily we have plenty of band-aids and neosporin. What house full of boys doesn't? We even had to break out the BIG gauze pads and surgical tape.

I am sure this incident will ruin Carter's social life forever.

Susie: "Remember when we went to Carter's and his parents let you get broken?"

Jane: "Yes, I still have a scar."

Susie: "Yeah, that's why I am not going to prom with him."

4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my gosh...hilarious! I hope Jane's Grandma isn't too upset and Jane heals up nicely. I wouldn't want Carter to miss out on a prom date because of it!

Shasta said...

Oh, that is too cute!! Love the last part!! My boys would probably "break girls" if they came over to play too!

MeKimka said...

Girls break girls too. Olivia cut off her friends ponytail, and the mom still talks to me!

Unknown said...

They used to break this girl a lot! ; ) (I have 3 older brothers!) She'll be fine. I can't count the times that stuff like that happened to me. And how could you not want to go to the prom with a boy as cute as Carter? ; )