Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Meme

I found this at Elaine's house. Why don't you play along too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, but after this we may try the artificial next year.

3. When do you put up the tree? We usually purchase the tree from the Air Academy Band, (Not this year, see link above) they have one day to pick up, usually the first Saturday in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, but Carter will drink gallons of it. I have a GREAT eggnog cookie recipe.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved the dollhouse my grandparents made for me. I still have it. GI Joe lives there now.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Hayden. He's 4, he is happy with anything.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I bought one at a super dooper clearance sale. I don't like it, but it will do until I inherit the GORGEOUS set my grandparents painted. I do not want it until the kids are a little bigger and the risk for damage is much smaller.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Weight Watchers Cookbook from my (soon after ex) boyfriend's mother.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Do I have to pick just one? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long, but mostly Black Friday.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not yet, anyone have a Weight Watcher Cookbook on their list?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Some favorite Swedish recipes. Yum.

16. Lights on the tree? Anything that still works from last year.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Colorado Christmas by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Christmas Carol by Skip Ewing.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No, but I can google it.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? They kids can open one present on Christmas Eve...Just this year Carter has figured out that it is always new pajamas. Have to look good for pictures.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The parking lot. Any and ever parking lot and the ninnys who think they are much more important than the rest of us.

23. What theme or color are you using? A theme? I am supposed to have a theme?

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Whatever is on the table, as long as someone else cooks it.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Santa to live on for another year.

26. Do you have a favorite ornament? I love all the ones the kids make. I have a cool Woodstock or bust hippy Santa. Remember this?

27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? Wrapped in "from Santa" wrapping paper. Our Santa is a little OCD.

Now it is your turn to share you Christmas Meme.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

G.I. Joe has his own doll house?? Sweet.

I cracked up about the WW cookbook from your ex's mother. That's just WRONG!

Glad you did the meme - it's fun to read these!