Sunday, October 18, 2009

Is anybody out there?

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. The kids have been in school, sort of, since August 17th.

If anyone is still following my blog, I thought I could catch you up with a list of numbers. This is what has been going on since July 10th.

6 medals (3 gold, 3 silver) Griffin won at the city swim meet

3 days spent at the State swim meet

1 friend who moved to Mexico for a year of immersion

15 cousins and aunts who flew in to celebrate 8/8/09

150 particpants of the Sue DiNapoli Ovarian Cancer 5k run and 3k walk held August 8th

5000 dollars raised for the Sue DiNapoli Ovarian Cancer Foundation I started in honor of my mother who passed away on August 5th 2005. The foundation will help low income women with ovarian cancer screening.

85 friends who celebrated the night away at the early 40th birthday party

2 nights spent in an awesome house in Beaver Creek over my real 40th birthday weekend

3 boys who started school on August 17th

1 Labor Day pool party, sadly 1 pool closed for the season

1 job interview and offer

1 field trip with kindergarten class cut short, see next entry

1 broken arm, 1 ambulance ride, 2 pins, 1 night in hospital, 1 week off school
4 weeks in cast, 4 weeks in sling

1 swimming season over

1 football season over

3 pumpkins cut off the vine

22 pounds of apples picked off the tree

1 and 2 uterus and ovaries removed

14 fantastic friends who brought over food, snacks, flowers during my recovery

1.5 confirmed h1n1 cases in our home

1 unbelievable husband who took a week of vacation to care for his wife and ended up caring for sick kids too

28 vicodin taken during "quiet recovery at home"

5 hats knit on vicodin, now known as "vicodin hats"

0 days all the boys have been in school at the same time since September 28th

0 boys flying over Colorado in hot air balloon

3 boys going back to school tomorrow

10 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you're back and can't believe how much I've missed! Apparently I need to call you...

I Am Boymom said...

Seems like everyone has been behind with the blogging thing, it's par for the course when we all have kids and busy lives. The great thing about blogs is that they are always here and easy to update! It's nice to read what's been going on with your very busy family. I don't know why out of that very long list the thing that jumped out at me was the broken arm. Maybe because I'm just waiting for that day to come at my house? Anyway...glad yer back!

Kristen said...

I am so glad you are back, I know we have never met but your is one of my favorite blogs to read. It sounds like you have been extreemly busy!! Please don't stay away so long next time. Your posts make me laugh.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the walk in honor of your Mom. Sounds like a wonderful success.

Hope you are recovering well and thanks for catching us up...

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You have been one busy lady! I am so glad that the Run/Walk in memory of your mom went so well! I know you put in a lot of time and work to make it a success.

Welcome back to bloggyland!

MeKimka said...

Hi Laura! I'm so glad you're back in bloggyland. That means things are calming down (Yeah!)So you got a job offer- Uh Oh....

stacie said...

You are a warrior! After ahving my uterus and both ovaries removed 7 years ago, all I can say is....love your estrogen pills and testosterone cream--truly embrace them.....otherwise, you are hot and dry ALL the time...:)

Jennifer said...

Yeah! So glad you are back. I really missed your posts. They always made me smile and chuckle a bit. Love those boys! I can say that because I have 2 (and no...having two girls does not balance out 2 boys...ever). Love ya. Jen

sanjeet said...

can't believe how much I've missed! Apparently I need to call you...

Work from home India

Anonymous said...

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.