Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Snuggie

You have seen the commercials.




Your kids have begged you to buy one, AND GET ONE FREE!

Do you have a Snuggie?


No, we don't either.

We do have this blanket that I just finished.




You may remember I started it over Thanksgiving break. I longed to finish it over Christmas, but who has the time then?




And when I had two kids home sick last week, I finished it.




I love it. I made it with old jeans from everyone in our family and the green velvet maternity dress I wore with all three boys.

It is very heavy and warm and better than any old Snuggie. Even if they do offer buy one, get one free.

8 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I love it... It looks great!! you could've left some of the legs to be the arm hole like the snuggie... just kidding!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Your blanket looks great!

I really want one of those snuggie things...I have almost ordered one probably 3 different times!

Jodi said...

Oh man I have ALWAYS wanted a levi quilt! With all these boys it shouldn't be too hard to collect enough denim! BUT, it's one of those things I haven't gotten around to! DANG!

Thanks for entering my contest! Stop on over and vote on your fave PURPLISCIOUS find!!!! There's some crazzzy purple out there! Hurry though - ends tomorrow!!!!!

4funboys said...

that is sooooo cool!!!
I've got plenty of jeans... can I send em your way??? I can't sew to save my life. No patience, no time, no talent>

ha

but... I love your idea. Maybe I can talk my mom into making us one. Lord knows I've got enough holey jeans.

Laural Out Loud said...

I'm a dork and have been dying to get a Snuggie! But I'd much rather have your quilt! It looks sooo comfy and warm. Great job!

Unknown said...

Nothin' better than a homemade blanket like that! And I love the size of it. And the fact that you made it from old jeans and your dress? Priceless.

Susi said...

How much for one in a few years? ;) awesome jean-quilt!

Anonymous said...

And you know the best thing about your blanket/quilt, aside from the fact that's it's awesome and I'm insanely jealous of your talent and creativity? It doesn't make those who use it look like silly monks!