I was tagged by a fellow Carter momma, Danielle at Life with the Hewitt Family for six random things about me.
I am so glad she tagged me as I haven't been tagged in a long, long time and needed to feel the love. Thanks Danielle, you have made my day.
The rules of the tag are as follows:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write six random things about yourself.
3. Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.
Here are my six random things that you might not know about me:
1. I really, really want to win, I mean be awarded with, the coveted Volunteer of the Year at the elementary school someday. We are in our 6th year at the school and have 6 more to go. I know the previous winners are at school ALL THE TIME, volunteering in the classrooms, library, office, etc. I just can't keep up, but one day, when Hayden is in school, I can get there more and hopefully be the big winner someday.
2. In college I was elected Co-Executive of the student body. Instead of President and Vice Pres, we had Co-Execs. I loved it. I had an office on campus, spoke at Regents meetings, presided over council meetings, gave the occasional tv interview, gave a speech at graduation without having to have awesome grades. It was a fun time. I have a scrapbook with all the school newspaper articles about my term.
3. I love my birthday. Not just because it is my birthday but because of what was happening in the world when I was born. August 16, 1969. I was born DURING Woodstock weekend, not AT Woodstock. I wish my parents were hippies and had me there but no, I was born just south of there in a hospital on Long Island. I was born one month after the Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. I was born 2 months before the Amazing Mets won the World Series. Elvis died on my birthday in 1977.
4. I convinced my husband that I didn't pass gas and he believed me until I was in labor with boy number 2. I still tell the boys that girls don't do that, they do NOT believe me.
5. I had a very hard time naming the boys. Our last name starts with an A so you can't have initials that spell anything when you do the last name initial in the middle monogramming. Such as, Carter Brady A.. = CAB or Hayden George A.. = HAG. See the problem. The initials also couldn't be an acronym for anything, my initials were ALMOST LSD, my dad has no middle name, his initials VD. Also, after Carter was born we immediately crossed Tucker off our list. My nephews were having so much fun saying "Carter the Farter" we were afraid of using the name Tucker. We have never done the last name in the middle monogramming, but it is nice to know we can.
6. I live 25 minutes from where I grew up (age 10 and up) and went to school. I went to college in this town. I moved to Denver / Littleton for 2 years after graduation, but came back home after. Occasionally I look at houses on realtor.com in other parts of the country, but I really don't think I ever want to leave here.
And now to who to tag?
Carol at Siswick Construction Zone
Karen at Snakes, Snails and Puppydog Tails
Rachel at 4 Fun Boys
Laural at Mamasphere
Auds at Barking Mad
Hillary at Our Little Family