Monday, January 14, 2008

New Goal

My big goal this year was to do the Pikes Peak Ascent. It is a 13.2 mile race up Barr Trail to the top of the peak. Yes, many people do this. So many in fact that the registration for it last year was full within 15 minutes. This year they have changed the registration process. To register for the second wave (the slower one) you need a 1/2 marathon time of 2:30 or less (or have done the Ascent before within a certain time). And you need that marathon time by the mid-March registration date. I am sure you have figured this out, I am in Colorado. We get snow here. They do not usually plan marathons in the winter.

I will try to train compete in a half marathon this year. Hopefully my racing bib collection will increase by at least one 1/2 marathoner with a time sub 2:30. Then I can do the Ascent next year (2009). If is scheduled for the same weekend, it will be a much bigger accomplishment for me. It will be the day before I turn 40!


Sunday run: 3.8 miles 42:55, my best non-race pace in a while. Same course as Saturday but without the passenger in the jog stroller.

I found great site to help with training for a marathon: http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/m_mile.html

No comments: