Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Day Mom Challenge

I recently saw this posted on facebook and thought I should share it here too.

30 Day Mom Challenge

Mom's Ultimate To-Do List

1. Ask "what is one thing we can do together, this month?"

2. Go the whole day without yelling at your children.

3. Hug your child three times today.

4. Kiss your child while they are sleeping.

5. Tell yourself, "He's only ____ years old. He's still a child." Then treat him that way.

6. Bake, make, or buy them their favorite food.

7. Leave a sweet note for them.

8. Calculate how many more weekends let until your child graduates from high school.

9. Picture yourself at your child's age. Try to remember how you felt.

10. Today's mom focus: joy.

11. Tell your child, "I am so glad you're my son/daughter."

12. Pray for wisdom in mothering your child.

13. Do not criticize your child today.

14. Remember that being a mother is a gift.

15. Be firm when needed, but not harsh.

16. Picture what you want your child to be like at age 25. Mother with that in mind, today.

17. Laugh with your child today.

18. Who is a mom you admire? What quality of hers can you live out, today?

19. Teach your child one thing that he can do on his own today.

20. Today's focus: patience.

21. Forgive yourself when you mess up.

22. How do you want your child to remember you? Be that mom, today.

23. Replace sarcasm with kindness.

24. Don't interrupt your child when he is talking.

25. Ask your child's opinion sometime today.

26. Make it a point to encourage your child today.

27. Do one thing that is good for your health: walk 10 minutes, eat a piece of fruit or get a good night's sleep.

28. Teach your child a new word.

29. Turn off your phone, computer or TV today when your child is with you.

30. Today's focus: love.

Sometimes this will be easy. 3, 6, 17, 26.

Sometimes this will be hard. 2, 13, 14, 21.

I started yesterday, the 9th, on #9. I found myself thinking back to my middle school years, not a great time in my life.

Carter is now in 7th grade. He is trying to find his place. Last year was pretty tough. This year seems better.

While working on #9, I try to have more patience for the preteen angst. I remember trying to get to classes on time, with all the necessary supplies, after going to my locker, the bathroom, checking my hair, and passing notes in the hall...all within 5 minutes between classes.

He is doing all that and getting mostly B's. I should cut him some slack and give him more praise.

I often forget that Hayden is only 6. He likes making his own scrambled eggs for breakfast. He is on the swim team. He runs his own bath. I am always concerned with not letting him be the "baby" of the family. Have I made him too independent? What was I capable of doing by myself at age 6?

The 30 Day Mom Challenge is a great way to focus on one thing at a time. Make one change at a time. Change one bad habit. Start one good habit.

I hope you will join me and share the ways you have accepted the challenge.

Today's mom focus: joy. Time for me to get to work.

8 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

This looks like such a great idea! I printed it off and am going to go for it. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

I am so glad you are back, you are one of my favorite blogs to read!

Plumbers Denver said...

Very well put... a mother is a life source for all man kind

http://www.plumber-denver-co.com

John Howard said...

Ha! Love it, sounds just like my mother growing up...


http://www.plumbingdenvercolorado.com

Sarah Fichtner said...

I remember middle school. one thing that has helped us is a separate color for each class. that way you grab everything needed and only need to remember 'grab everything that is blue'

Sarah Fichtner said...

I remember middle school. one thing that has helped us is a separate color for each class. that way you grab everything needed and only need to remember 'grab everything that is blue'

Sarah Fichtner said...

I remember middle school. one thing that has helped us is a separate color for each class. that way you grab everything needed and only need to remember 'grab everything that is blue'

Anonymous said...

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.