Tuesday, September 2, 2008

13.1

I did it. I did it. I really, really did it. No, it wasn't a dream. I still can't believe I did it.

And lived to tell about it.

Yesterday my friend Jennifer and I ran the American Discovery Trail Half Marathon. Yes, you read that right, a HALF MARATHON. 13.1 MILES.


We had wanted to do the Pikes Peak Ascent, just a little 13.32 mile run UP Pikes Peak. The registration requirements changed and we weren't aware until it was too late to compete this year.

The new requirement was to complete a half marathon in under 2 hours and thirty minutes.

My time 2:19!


I am so happy we did it. I am so happy I made the qualifying time. I am so glad I got this cool medal. I am so glad it is over.

Just over halfway done. Please take this sweaty ball cap from my cramped hand.



Approaching the park, just a few turns left. Is it over yet?




Griffin ran along side me towards the finish until he told me I was running so slow, he could keep up with me by walking. My response, go away then Griffin.

6 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Corinne said...

AWESOME!!!
Congrats

Carol said...

Really truly impressed.

Well done you!

Karen said...

Great Job!!!

Simply Shannon said...

Good for you! I'm not sure that I could even walk 13.1 miles.
I'm impressed and proud of you!

Elaine A. said...

You are awesome! I only run if being chased! Congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment, really... : )