Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Are you kidding me?

It was baby day at the pediatrican's office today. There were 6 infant carriers in the waiting room when we arrived for our 9 am appointment. While we were waiting, infant carrier #7 arrived. #7 was not happy to be in her carrier, her legs were kicking and she was very vocal about her lack of comfort. #7's mom finished checking in, sat down and took #7 out of her infant carrier.

Are you sitting down??


Then #7 proceed to walk around the waiting room. Umm hello, if your child can walk (or toddle) around the office, she is a toddler and probably too big for the infant carrier.

Maybe this is why she crys in it? #7 looked to be about 10 months or maybe a year old. Perhaps the pediatrican will enlighten this mother on rear facing child car seats. It took all my willpower not to say something.

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

You are so funny! I think I would've said something...maybe "you must really get a work-out" Or "could you carry me?"

3boys247 said...

Maybe it's because my kids were gigantic and "late" walkers but that sight really freaked me out!

I am dying to know if the pediatrician suggested a bigger car seat.